Thursday, January 7, 2010

Did you try any new recipes for Thanksgiving?

How did they turn out? I tried a new jello salad-this is my new favorite. A roll recipe that my family agreed was better than any they had ever had from a restaurant or bakery and a yam recipe that was a flop. How about you-Did you try any new recipes for Thanksgiving?
I printed the new recipes and let my daughters do the honors. Everything was purrfect.Did you try any new recipes for Thanksgiving?
I had a recipe for a desert that I made a while ago. It was very simple and last time it turned out really good. No cooking, just mixing a few simple ingredients. Well, I messed it up! It still tasted good though, just too much cool whip.
My new recipe was delightful...one cup of never fixing Thanksgiving dinner again in my lifetime and a ton of goodies at my daughter's house.
Yes, I did and it was the best ever and I will use the same always, Pick up the phone called in my order picked it up wed. It was all great
We went out to eat this year and I had a little of everything. It was all delicious.
Yes, it was the first time a did just the turkey breast and it turned out wonderful. I cant wait for lunch to have turkey sandwiches.
Hey I tried one of those cottage cheese with jello salads.It is still in the fridge,i will eat it like ice cream later.Just freeze it I guess....
Oops I was home alone, not feeling well, so I had cottage cheese and tomatoes and a boiled egg!
no i can not boil water with out burning it -- i have the cleanest over in the country == six years old and never been used!!!
I made a biscuit cake with raspberries and it burned on the bottom. I was trying to cook it at the same time as I did the bird and the temp. wasn't right. Oh well, next year I'll be a little more patient and make the cake first.
I tried sweet potatoes with rum and maple syrup. I don't usually like them but these were really good.
I tried this Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Crostini I found on Williams-Sonoma - it was excellent!
i am english but my brothers family is american.....so this year for the first time ever i cooked a thanksgiving dinner. we had turkey, green beans, stuffing, sweet and mashed potatoes, gravy,and for dessert i made pecan pie with cream. the dinner was great, the pecan pie a bit too sweet but nice all the same
I did last year, a pumpkin casserole to be served as a dinner course. The pumpkin I bought was too large, and I couldn't make the spices work out.





I'll try it again this year, with tiny pumpkins, and I'll let you know how it works out. We had leftovers this year for Thanksgiving, because we were both under the weather.





Edit to GEORGIE -- Way to go! What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment