Thursday, January 7, 2010

Has anybody ever grilled a Turkey for Thanksgiving? I saw some recipes for it on the foodnetwork and I was?

wondering has anybody ever done this?Has anybody ever grilled a Turkey for Thanksgiving? I saw some recipes for it on the foodnetwork and I was?
We've barbecued a turkey and it was delicious.


I barbecue over wood but you have to be careful not to burn it....turkey takes a long time especially if it's over 20 lbs.


First you want to tent it with aluminium foil for the first couple of hours....use a disposable aluminium tray with a small grilling rack on the bottom. I would also suggest you have a meat thermometer handy and check it once an hour after say, 4 hours.


Uncover the turkey for the last hour- hour and a half so it browns.





Real tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment