Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is your favorite vegetarian recipe for Thanksgiving?

It's more of a menu than recipe but I got carried away...





If your not vegan try the Quorn roast with root veggies (parsnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) and rosemary. You can always do Tofurky (if you're vegan) but I don't like the brand as much.





-You've got to have a little cranberry sauce, even the stuff in a can is veg.


-Mashed potatoes w/ Bisto gravy (I get mine from World Market, it's vegan! You can order it online).


-Wilted spinach with caramelized onions


-steamed green beans


-acorn squash (or yams) with butter and brown sugar


-a raw veggie tray with you're favorite dipWhat is your favorite vegetarian recipe for Thanksgiving?
Vegetable %26amp; Tuna salad ^_^What is your favorite vegetarian recipe for Thanksgiving?
I don't know of any.. but I'm glad you asked this and I hope you get good answers.. I plan to do some of the Thanksgiving cooking at my house this year.. normally we go somewhere else and my mom has gout and is lactose intolerant, so she isn't allowed any meat or dairy and is often left without many options of good things to eat for Thanksgiving.
hi,





i hope ye are well,


i think you could try, some recipe with soya products they are healthy and delicious = P





Kindest regards


Grace be with you


http://www.srac.de
I confess that I am Australian and don't really have thanksgiving, but I could make some suggestions -





We often have barbeques or buffet style gatherings with lots of salad type dishes, a rice salad(brown rice, pine nuts, raisins, grated carrot), bean salad, vege salad.





We also have falafels (chick pea patties) to serve with the salads, as well as hummus.





If you have things like cranberry sauce and apple sauce at thanksgiving, these could also go with the falafels and salad.





Gluten free people can have brown rice, others might like to have tabouli with bourghoul, parsley %26amp; tomato





You can also use nuts to add to things or make a separate vege patty with veges and nuts.





Also, you could try a veggie platter with hummus, I have a hummus recipe at:


http://www.vegecentral.com


(just click on the chick peas button)





That site also has suggestions under the raw foods button





I hope this helps.
vegi fish vegi chicken and vegi chips

No comments:

Post a Comment