Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am cooking on Thanksgiving, Does anyone have any recipes for me? How about Turkey recipes & sides & desserts

I need some good ides I want everything to be delious. This will be my first Thanksgiving I'm hosting and doing all the cooking. I am a good cook, just give me some ideas. ThanksI am cooking on Thanksgiving, Does anyone have any recipes for me? How about Turkey recipes %26amp; sides %26amp; desserts
Hi Ms Tracy Lyn,


I think you should pay a quick visit to the sources below.


And best wishes for a delicious and happy Thanksgiving.I am cooking on Thanksgiving, Does anyone have any recipes for me? How about Turkey recipes %26amp; sides %26amp; desserts
The best turkey i have ever made...... use a oven cooking bag.. easy clean up and no basting and mess....





Rinse and dry the turkey.. loosen the skin from the breast ... mix a stick of softened butter and some chopped fresh sage a littel salt and pepper.. take this mixture and put it under the skin rubbing it in to cover as much as you can... take any left and rub all over the outside of the turkey... place in the bag.. and cook according to the bag directions.





this turkey came out so tender and moist... i'll never cook it any other way
****I like this better than regular Pumpkin Pie and it freezes beautifully, so if you want to make it ahead of time to see if you like it. Then freeze it and serve cut in squares on Thanksgiving.





Pumpkin pie cake








1 can pumpkin (29 oz)


4 eggs


1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)


1 1/2 cup sugar


2 tsp. cinnamon


1/2 tsp. ginger


1/2 tsp. nutmeg


1 package yellow cake mix


1 c. melted margarine


1 c. chopped nuts


Direction


beat all ingredients except cake mix, margarine and nuts.


Pour in a 9 x 13 pan sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Pour melted margarine over cake mix and sprinkle with chopped nuts


Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour no longer. Top with whipped cream if desired.
I cook my turkey in a large turkey sized turkey bag. It has never been dry. I cook my giblets with onion, celery and carrots in water for several hours and use the liquor from that for my gravy with the juices from the pan and if needed chicken broth. I also use the giblets in my gravy. Some people don't like that. I also look up a really good sweet potato soufle recipe each year, that seems to be a favorite alone with a nice jello recipe of some kind. I hit the internet and have fun finding some nice recipes. Whatever sounds yummy. Have fun! I love Thanksgiving dinner!
I love cooking Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner. However, I try to make it as simple as possible so I'm not on my feet all day and can enjoy my company. Here are a few hints:





Prepare as much as you can the day/night before.


I fix broccoli and rice casserole, my dressing and sweet potatoes the day before. That way they can ';set'; and let the flavors go through them. I bake them on Thanksgiving day. I also make my pies the day before, if possible. The only thing I have to make is my homemade rolls on Thanksgiving day. My husband is in charge of the turkey --- down south, we fry it!
Try recipezaar! Thats where I got my Thanksgiving menu from.
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment